It’s been a while since I’ve done a post like this! I’m excited to share my list of what brings me joy today. Some are revelations and inspirations, which is a little different from the other posts I’ve done in the past.
- Joy is not dependent on external circumstances.
- Stand your ground (don’t hide) despite the misunderstandings and betrayals.
- Joy and happiness are a daily choice just like everything else.
- God has been speaking to me through dreams recently. At first, I was a bit hesitant to take my dreams seriously because people put a lot of stigma on dream interpretation but God is really personal with how He deals with His children. I realized that I’ll sometimes wake up with the interpretation in my heart. Lately my dreams have been a source of inspiration, correction and revelation.
- One major revelation is that enemies and conflict challenges the protagonist to change or experience growth. I remember one dream I had and the theme was CLIMAX: the highest or most intense point in the development or resolution of something; culmination. The conflict in my life is teaching me to relax despite the chaos, trust God and praise Him while putting Him first. I’ve also learned that God restores us to wholeness. He wants to heal not just our bodies and forgive our sins but to help us overcome all of the things that holds us back from full maturity in Christ. He forgives everything we confess to Him and our future is not defined by our past or circumstances. We walk by faith in Him not simply hard work. We are to hold everything loosely. The believer and the sinner all go through tough and good times, but what makes the believer different is faith in God. With God and in righteousness, we have security, joy and peace.
- This is my new value/belief system. All of us will have to have our old systems and values challenged and uprooted for godly ones! None of us were born perfect or have it all figured out.